Joe Biden has been confirmed as the next president of the United States. The Electoral College on Monday officially confirmed the victory of Joe Biden as the country’s next president.
This puts an end to all attempts to overturn the election results of the current President Donald Trump.
At the same time, the way was opened for the swearing-in of Joe Biden on January 20.
From his hometown of Wilmington on Monday, Biden called on Americans to take a fresh path, saying it was time to unite and forget the old wounds and start anew.
“I am the president of all Americans,” he said.
Since the November 3 election, Trump has been accusing the election of fraud without evidence. He also filed many cases in this regard. But all his cases were dismissed. In the end, the Supreme Court also dismissed his case.
The editorial board of the Wall Street Journal, which is a staunch supporter of Trump, also showed the latest signs of change. The board says Trump’s time is up. Trump’s legal challenges will run on their own. He and his team can help the country by acknowledging the results and moving forward.
Meanwhile, one more formality remains before Biden’s swearing-in. Electoral votes will be counted at a congressional hearing on January 8, chaired by Vice President Mike Pence.
Democrat candidate Joe Biden won the November 3 election with a record 51.3 percent of the vote. Republican candidate Donald Trump, on the other hand, received 48.7 percent or 74.2 million votes. Biden also confirmed the required 260 electoral votes.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.