Kim cancels plan for military action against Seoul

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has canceled plans to take military action against South Korea. The country’s state media reported this on Wednesday.

Pyongyang has recently sharply criticized Seoul for distributing anti-North Korean leaflets. North Korean defectors usually spread anti-Pyongyang leaflets on the Seoul border.

  Learn about the COVID-19 pandemic from News Hour  

Last week, North Korea tore down the Liaison Office, a symbol of the two Koreas’ relationship, along part of their border. At the time, the country’s military said it would take multiple military actions against South Korea.

But North Korea’s state-run news agency KCNA reported that Kim had canceled plans to take military action against South Korea at a meeting of the Central Military Commission on Tuesday.
No further details were mentioned.

North Korea, meanwhile, says it has retaliated by sending millions of anti-Seoul leaflets to South Korea.

Follow News Hour
News Hour Correspondent

This article has been posted by a News Hour Correspondent. For queries, please contact through [email protected]
No Comments
Scroll Up
%d bloggers like this: