Adele postponed her Las Vegas residency on Thursday, a day before it was set to begin, in a heartbreaking statement.
The Grammy Award-winning artist blamed “delivery delays and Covid” for her sold-out show not being ready.
“I’m so sorry, but my show ain’t ready,” she said in a video posted to Instagram.
“We’ve tried absolutely everything we can to put it together in time and for it to be good enough for you, but we’ve been absolutely destroyed by delivery delays and Covid.”
A distraught Adele, who sobbed throughout the video, said half the crew was ill.
“I’m gutted. I’m sorry it’s so last minute, we’ve been awake for over 30 hours trying to figure it out and we’ve run out of time.
“I’m so upset and I’m really embarrassed and so sorry to everyone that traveled,” she added, pledging the shows would be rescheduled.
Tickets to see the British megastar at Caesars Palace’s Colosseum on Fridays and Saturdays were reportedly selling for up to $30,000 each on the secondary market.
From January 21 to April 16, the program, dubbed “Weekends With Adele,” was scheduled for two performances per week.
The residency was to be followed by two shows in London’s Hyde Park, and it was the only tour in support of the album “30” that had been announced.
Many well-known musicians have tried to handle the perils of touring during a global pandemic.
Jon Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams are among the artists who have tested positive for the virus in the middle of a tour.