In Argentina, the number of COVID 19 patients has exceeded 1 lakh. The country’s health ministry said on Sunday.
Meanwhile, shutdown times are being extended in Buenos Aires, the main center of the coronavirus. However, there is debate over what the new ban will look like. The South American nation imposed a stringent quarantine in mid-March to stop the COVID-19 pandemic. It relaxed restrictions slightly in May but then reinstated them in late June for Buenos Aires and its surroundings due to a spike in cases.
Corona has killed 1,745 people in the country and the total number of infected is 153,000. So far 43 thousand people have recovered.
Carla Vizzotti, the deputy health minister, said the lockdowns would be maintained while hospitals continued to fill up. “What we want to do is…decrease virus transmission and buy more time for the health service to be able to respond,” she said.
Argentina has been going through an economic recession since 2018. The crisis in the country is intensifying due to the coronavirus.